this is our story...

Healthy Wife, Healthy Life

It is week 2 of Healthy Wife, Healthy Life. 

I feel so much better after just one week. I have a lot more energy which I give a lot of credit to the amount of water I have been drinking and my work out routine. My work out routine has given my metabolism a serious boost. Which calls for a very hungry girl! I feel like I am always hungry but I am not craving as much of the bad stuff as before. 

In addition to lots of water and exercise I have been eating a lot more vegetables. I have always eaten a lot of fruit but vegetables have never been my thing. I went to the store and bought squash, zucchini, lettuce and tomatoes. Adding these items as my side dish  has allowed me not to eat as much of my main dish as I normally would. Plus it adds some color to the plate :) 

I have been going to the gym every night with Brady and have been staying faithful to a workout routine that I have found on line. I have also been running 2 miles every night to get my legs back into shape. I want to work my way back up to 5 miles but I know that will take some time. I am going to create a second blog for myself that tracks my work out routines so that I can keep up with what I have done and the progress that I am making. Once I get that up I will add it to this blog so if you would like to follow along you can. 

Quick Recipe------>
Tacos are fun and easy to make. Regular tacos can be so greasy and messy but this recipe allows you to still eat those yummy tacos but in a healthier way so when you get up from the table you do not feel disgusting while asking your self " Why did I just eat that?". I prefer a soft taco over a hard taco so this recipe will include just that. 

Healthy Tacos:
Serves 4
1 pound lean ground turkey 
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 whole-wheat tortillas

Toppings Include: 
romaine lettuce 
shredded reduced cheese (2%)
healthy sour cream = 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Instructions:
1. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. Crumble the ground turkey into pan. Add the next 8 ingredients and cook, stirring and breaking up the meat with a spatula, until that meat is browned. Set aside
2. Wrap the tortillas in a towel and heat in the microwave for 15 to 30 seconds. 
3. Serve.

Hope you enjoy! I know we did!! 
-Cooper Lane 
 


1 comment: