this is our story...

Healthy Wife, Healthy Life

Here it is!! My first "Healthy Wife, Healthy Life" post!! I have noticed a couple of bloggers that keep track of their goals on their blog and thought why not have my own goals to a healthier lifestyle on my blog as well. I decided to start this series of blogs to track my journey to a healthier life style, home and body. I feel like sharing it so that it will hold me somewhat accountable.

Since the wedding I have not been keeping up with the exercise and healthy eating that I was doing the months before. My clothes are getting a little uncomfortable and my energy level has gone down, which is my biggest concern. So it is time to stop just talking about it and actually do it.

My fitness & diet goals:
1. Sign up at a new gym. Since graduation I have not been able to visit a gym regularly since I am no longer a member, so it is time to sign up for a membership somewhere else. There is only one gym in town that has everything you need including great workout classes. So tomorrow afternoon when hubby is off of work we will head up to the gym and sign me up.
2. Cut back on the sweet intake. I have a huge sweet tooth!! The more I travel the more I indulge in the things that I normally would not eat at home and when I do that my brain is in routine to have that yummy treat after a meal. So this definitely needs to stop.
3. Be better at preparing healthy meals at home for the both of us. This will be the hardest one for me. It is so easy for me to pick something up on the way home or put in a pizza in the oven but this is unhealthy.
4. Drink plenty of water! This is the most important and probably the easiest to do. All i need is 64 oz per day. It sounds easy but it seems like I am never thirsty. I could honestly go all day without drinking one thing! Weird I know. So my solution to this is to buy a big water bottle that I can refill through out the day. They water bottle that I have in front of me now is 33.8 oz so if I drink two of those I am good to go!
5. Run. I remember the days when I enjoyed to run. But that just is not the case anymore. I don't know if I could even run a mile. So slow but sure I am going to get this habit back :)

This is not going to be easy with our busy schedules but I have to make it work. I will have more to tell you on next Wednesday's "Healthy Wife, Healthy Life" post.

Until then, here is to a healthy week!
-Cooper Lane

2 comments:

  1. <3 it! I'm jumping on the bandwagon with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright sounds good!! but you will have to post your efforts as well! we can hold each other accountable :)

    ReplyDelete